Thursday 7 January 2016

Happy 2016!

Hello hello hello to all our lovely blog readers! Well, 2016 is here, can you believe it? We hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year, and are ready for all the hard work (and fun!) that 2016 is bringing with it!!



Our clever readers will have noticed that it's not Bobby blogging this time....... Hello everyone, I'm Betty the Guinea Pig! Bobby handed over the blogging reigns last year, after sadly he decided to retire from Gypsy Wood. Life in the spotlight just wasn't for him; he's a shy little chicken really.... But, I'm happy to say that he's loving his retirement so far - both Bobby and Mini-Bobby are enjoying a free-range life with all the corn they can eat. 

So, the name's Betty! And don't forget it (don't worry, I won't let you!). And sadly, Bobby isn't the only one to retire from Gypsy Wood either.... Chris, who founded this beautiful place back in 2004 and gave all of us lucky animals a lovely home has also decided it's time for a well-earned rest. Chris told me that she's loved every single minute of her time at Gypsy Wood, but it's time to hand it over to the younger generation as we say a big welcome to Chris' niece Debbie and her husband Gafyn. Chris wishes you both all the luck in the world (not that you'll need it with us lively bunch of animals, of course....) and hopes you both have as much fun as she has done over the years.

Chris will be sorely missed, for her warmth and generosity towards all of us animals, and her capers with the staff. Just the other day I watched as she and Mo decided to share the only pair of welly boots in the office to hop across some flood water to see to the animals. They got there ok, but soon discovered that it was very difficult to hop and push a wheelbarrow at the same time. Well, I laughed like a lunatic, and they got very wet feet. Silly billies!

And here are some pictures of some of the flood water we've had here at Gypsy Wood over the last couple of weeks. Phew, we've had a lot of rain. And we all know that this little Guinea Pig doesn't like the rain.... roll on Spring is what I say!





Now, in other news... all the staff are at the park getting ready for our 2016 opening. Not long to go now, and I for one can't wait. I'm so excited to see some new faces and have some cuddles with some new friends. We open on March 21st, so put the date in your diary friends!

We've also got some new attractions for this coming year. I am absolutely sworn to secrecy (although I do accept carrot-shaped bribes....) so you'll just have to watch this space, and we'll keep you updated. 

And did you know, best news of all, that our resident Witch Mo is about to become a Nain (or grandmother for our non-Welsh speaking friends)? Big congratulations to Mo and her family - we hope you bring in the new addition to see us for big Betty cuddles.

Well, that's all from me for now. It's been lovely to meet you all and share our Gypsy Wood news. I'll be back in touch soon with more news, events and information for you all, so keep your eyes peeled. I can't wait to see you soon, lots of love, Betty xx xx

1 comment:

  1. I really like your blog, it looks very nice, I'm happy to visit again to see your blog because it's very good indeed, thanks’ for all. I'm simply sworn to secrecy (although I do be given carrot-formed bribes.I'm a professional resume writers so you'll simply ought to watch this area, and we'll preserve you updated. And did you already know, pleasant information of all, that our resident Witch Mo is about to emerge as a Nain

    ReplyDelete